Sunday 13 February 2011

Postsrcipt: Rosie

What better way to draw a line under this here blog than to announce the birth of our beautiful daughter Rosie.  It's her fault that I even attempted to better my 2009 winter round in the first place, the logic being that her arrival would signal a sizable pause in such daft activity and so it was now or never.


Rosie Lydia Smith - aged 6 days
 Funnily enough, not making it already seems a much less bitter pill to swallow.  She's fantastic.

She's was the backcloth to the whole escapade really (and she was there, sort of) and I can't think of a better way to round off this blog.

Actually I can.  Thank you to all that helped me, or drove up to the Lakes and weren;t able to help and so drove home again.  You were all wonderful human beings and made me proud to know you all.

I'll be back winter BGR, perhaps when I turn 40.

2 comments:

  1. My I put in a request for a 'the early life and times of Rosie Smith' blog? - you can check out my domestic escapades on www.lifeonthelatteline.blogspot.com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!

    I'm doing a BGR on my 40th and would appreciate some advice.

    If you ever need a pacer then please feel free to get in touch.

    ReplyDelete